J.P. works primarily in the areas of commercial, corporate and general civil litigation. He is a licensed real estate broker who has a special interest in real estate litigation and has successfully represented developers of commercial real estate, condominium, and condominium-hotel projects in litigation and in arbitration concerned with securities, lien, foreclosure aspects of the projects arising after the completion of sales.
Examples of Mr. Hendrick’s work include representation of a major hotel casino property in a $30 million federal discrimination dispute through successful trial verdict. Defense of a joint venture developer in a $500 million fraud dispute defeating class action certification and compelling and defending AAA arbitration, and representation of a casino hotel company before the Nevada Public Utilities Commission.
Before joining Morris Law Group, Mr. Hendricks was a law clerk for United States District Court Judge James C. Mahan. He wrote analytical legal memos for the Court and prepared orders and drafted decisions and orders on all types of civil and criminal matters. Prior to attending law school, J.P. was a corporate real estate broker for a large commercial developer in Las Vegas. His Nevada real estate broker’s license is current.
- J.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, 2006
- M.B.A., Utah State University, 1995
- B.S., Southern Utah University, 1993
- Nevada Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Law Clerk to the Honorable James C. Mahan, United States District Court for the District of Nevada
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITIONS AND AWARDS
- Mountain States Super Lawyer (Rising Star Edition)