Akke practices in complex commercial litigation and tort litigation, and has experience with all stages of the proceedings, including pre-trial, trial, and appellate work. Representative cases include high-rise condominium disputes involving state and federal securities law and fraud claims, and claims under the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act; corporate and business disputes involving breach of contract, trademark, and shareholder derivative claims; employment disputes; construction contract disputes; and disputes between individual brokers and brokerage firms. Akke practices in state and federal court, in arbitration (including FINRA), before the Nevada Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Her pro bono work includes assisting Holocaust survivors in obtaining pensions and other compensation.
A native of the Netherlands, Akke attended law school after a dancing career headlining in Paris and Las Vegas production shows. In law school, Akke was the Notes Editor of the Nevada Law Journal and a member of the Society of Advocates. Akke earned Cali Awards (for the highest grade) in Criminal Law, legal writing I, and Bankruptcy Law.
- J.D. (magna cum laude), University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2004
- Meester in de Rechten, Open Universiteit Nederland, 2000
- Nevada Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITIONS AND AWARDS
- Mountain States Super Lawyer (Rising Stars Edition)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- “Chapter 13 van de Bankruptcy Code en de WSNP vergeleken: staat Nederland hetzelfde misbruik van de schone lei te wachten als de Verenigde Staten?,” 10 Executief, Maandblad voor Burgerlijke Rechtsvordering 176 (2001).
- “Camping in Lake Tahoe: Does a Temporary Deprivation of All Beneficial Use of Land Justify Rejection of the Categorical Lucas Rule?,” 4 Nevada Law Journal 448 (Winter 2003/2004).